I would like to thank our families and the Edwards for always being so supportive of everything Brock and Parker do. We are so lucky to have you all!
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Football, football and more football!
So, pretty much most of August, September, October and half of November was completely consumed by FOOTBALL! Let me just start off by saying that in the beginning, I was totally against tackle football until the boys turned 12. Cory had a different plan. He said "Jer, they need to learn to tackle when all of the other kids are learning to tackle." This made sense to me. So I caved. We signed Brock up for football in July. I have absolutely no regrets. It was so much fun. Not to mention, Brock loved it! He made weight (76 lbs) which means he did not have to have an "X" on his helmet. This didn't matter though. Brock played right guard and defensive tackle the whole season. He was in the whole game, every game. He had amazing coaches. They were brothers, the Tufts. They were hard on the boys but never screamed at them or put them down in any way, shape, or form. The team had a really good season. They made it to the playoffs, won their first game and lost the championship game to the undefeated Herriman by one point. We all made lots of new friends and I am officially hooked and can't wait for next year.

Parker played flag football again and Cory Coached. It was great. Had lots of his friends on his team and he did awesome. Although, sometimes I think Parker forgot that he was playing flag football because he did some all out tackles. Parker has decided that he wants to try tackle football next year as well. It will be the only year in little league football that the boys will get to be on the same team. Summer cannot come soon enough for me.



I would like to thank our families and the Edwards for always being so supportive of everything Brock and Parker do. We are so lucky to have you all!
I would like to thank our families and the Edwards for always being so supportive of everything Brock and Parker do. We are so lucky to have you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment