Monday, July 19, 2010

We love Summertime

All Good Things Must Come to an End
In the beginning of June, baseball ended. We had a fun season. The boys did really well. Brock was invited to All Star tryouts. He went. He didn't make it, but we think it was a good experience for him. Baseball season is fun, but it sure is nice when its over and we have a few extra free hours in each day.
Birthday Celebration for Grandma Nett
On Sunday June 6th we went up Big Cottonwood Canyon to celebrate Grandma Nett's Birthday. It is so nice up there and fun to hang out with family. It was a great afternoon. We are so lucky to live to such beautiful mountains and lucky to share them with such a cool grandma on her birthday. On the way home, we got into the weirdest storm. It turned everything outside a cool orange color.A Trip to the Cabin
We went to the cabin for a weekend. The Edwards came with us for Saturday and Sunday. We did some serious Potgut hunting, redneck style. We spent lots of time on the 4-wheelers and Cory and Justun and the kids did some fishing. Brock and Parker are getting really good at shooting their BB guns. Moki came with us. She didn't do so well. She is going blind and as soon as it got dark, she couldn't see a thing. She walked right off the deck, twice, without even missing a step. I'm glad we had her there. She is so mellow now that she's so old. Although, she did still like running all over the mountain chasing the 4-wheeler everywhere it went.The Best Day of the Whole Year
Happy 4th of July. I love the 4th of July! This year was no exception. We did all the same things as last year and the year before and the year before that. But I tell you what, It never gets old. On Friday night, Cory played in the Riverton Softball Tournament with CJ, Jason and Justun and a bunch of their buddies. Then we went to the parade and then to Wingers for dinner for the 3rd year in a row. On Saturday morning, Brock and Parker and I ran in the Riverton Fun Run. AWESOME! It was so great. I was so proud of my little boys for running 2.2 miles without stopping in 24 minutes. They did so good. Parker took 2nd place in his age group and won a medal. Brock didn't think that was very fair because he ran just as fast. But I guess that's what happens when you become one of the big kids. He was a good sport about it and was happy that Parker got an award. Then we went to some more softball games. That afternoon, we had a big BBQ in our back yard with our good friends and family. Then off to the Fireworks, (redneck style again) in the back of the truck. Riverton puts on a great fireworks show and I think it gets better every year. We had planned to have a big sleepover in our back yard after the fireworks, but it started to sprinkle, so we had a big sleepover on our living room floor. We had doughnuts and Chocolate Milk for breakfast and everybody went home. We went to church then later went to Grandma Nett and Grandpa Joe's for desert and more fireworks. All I can say is WE LOVE THE 4th OF JULY!!!
Boating at East Canyon
We took the boat out for the first time on Monday the 5th. We went to East canyon, which is very cool. I can't wait to go back. We had good water until about noon then we just hung out in the sun. I got to get my fix, Cory used his new ski, and both kids tried skiing. It was a mellow day, but a perfect day. I hope to have many more just like that. And now for the Bad News! Here I sit! Last Thursday, Cory and I were moving some new furniture into my parents house. I was carrying a couch. (yea, I know, I'm a tough chick) Cory was on the other end. I stepped off the end of the trailer just exactly wrong and rolled my ankle. It hurt so bad, I passed out right there in front of my kids. We went to After Hours Medical where they sent me home. They said stay off of it for a few days, then follow up with my family Doc. Well, I didn't have a few days because on Tuesday I had plans to go to Girls camp for 4 days. So I called my friend whose brother is a foot and ankle doctor. He was so nice to work me in that day. After lots of x-rays and an MRI, we found out I had broken my ankle and torn two ligaments. He put me in a big nasty boot and told me that I would need to have surgery on Thursday. So, I went to Girls Camp (a blog post all of its own because girls camp is AWESOME!) for only two days and then had surgery on Thursday the 15th. WOW! I must have been in denial. I honestly had no idea how bad it would hurt. He actually had to fix 3 ligaments with cadaver ligaments and remove 3 bone chips. Its been 4 days and today is the first day that I haven't been completely miserable. Everybody has been so nice to us. Neighbors and friends have fed us everyday. Cory has been amazing. I might try to talk him into nursing school. Honestly, he has been so nice to me. I am so thankful to have him. It looks like my super fun summer was short lived. I cannot put any weight on my foot for 4-6 weeks and then when I get rid of the crutches, I still get to wear this awesome boot for 2 more weeks. I know there is a great lesson to be learned from this. So far, its humility and acceptance of service. Oh, and I am learning that I am not quite as tough as I thought.

4 comments:

The Smith Family said...

I shouldn't have read this because now I just miss you and wish I could be there to help! I hope that you're doing ok and I will be there at your every beck and call starting Saturday!

The Mighty Murray's said...

Are you ready to join the Murray ban of Insta/After hour clinics? Richard's foot injury was made much worse because of the advice given by the Dr. at Instacare! What can I do for you? I'd say give me your boys, but Sam is having his Tonsils out tomorrow. Maybe Friday, they could come and play some xbox or Wii for a while! Do you want me to bring you a burger and beans from the RS dinner that is happening tonight?

Martin Memories said...

Sorry it took getting hurt to slow you down enough that I get to see some new pictures...feel better...miss you guys.

Shauna said...

What a great post Jeri & I hope your ankle has healed! I LOVE your family picture at the top of your blog. Too cute!