Sunday, June 20, 2010

Top Ten - Why my Dad is the BEST!

1. He is a hard worker. He knows the importance of hard work and he is never idle.
2. He is head over heels for my mom. They love each other completely and unconditionally and have for over 40 years.
3. He's just like me, he worries about little things and wants all the details in perfect order. (annoying) He gets me! I don't have to explain myself to him very often.
4. He has always been kind to my friends and in-laws. He treats them like they are part of the family.
5. When he's wrong, he'll say he's wrong. He has no problem apologizing or saying "I made a mistake".
6. He has a twisted sense of humor. He does really WEIRD stuff just to get a reaction and make people laugh. It usually works.
7. He will listen to me talk for hours on end in the car on our work trips.
8. He's outgoing. He taught me the importance of recreation, and snowmobiling and boating and all the things that make life fun.
9. He loves my boys and Cory, and they love respect him.
10. He has close relationship with his family. Including his parents and siblings.

I love my dad so much. I respect him and I truly cherish our relationship. I am thankful for him every single day. Happy Father's day Pops!

3 comments:

Heidi Hartley said...

I agree Jer! Your dad is great.

The Edwards Family said...

I think my family just happens to love him too!!!

The Smith Family said...

He is great! It's really true what you said about him being nice to your friends...you're so lucky to have such a great day!