Brock totally biffed it on the monkey bars last week. We just like to spice up our off track time a little. They have to have something to write in their "off track news", Right! So last Friday we went to the park. Brock was playing on the monkey bars and slipped and slammed his face into the side bar. Now, usually when I see my kids take a fall, I wait a minute to see if they cry before I run to them. Not this time. As soon as he hit, I knew he was hurt, BAD! I ran over there, his nose was bleeding (from the cut, not the inside). It was a little crooked when I first looked, but it swelled so fast that I couldn't really tell if it was broken or not. My gut told me to take him to the
doctor. I figure, I don't want him to have an ugly nose for the rest of his life and be angry at me for not getting it checked out. So, off to the urgent care we went. They did x-rays and checked him for a head injury. The Doc said his nose was not broken and we should just treat the swelling and pain. So that's what we did. UNTIL, the Doctor called back on Monday and told us that the radiologist report shows a broken nose. Anyway, to make a long story short. We went to the ENT, his nose is broken, but not displaced, so everything will be just fine and Brock has something exciting to write about for his "off track news" when he goes back to school this week.
doctor. I figure, I don't want him to have an ugly nose for the rest of his life and be angry at me for not getting it checked out. So, off to the urgent care we went. They did x-rays and checked him for a head injury. The Doc said his nose was not broken and we should just treat the swelling and pain. So that's what we did. UNTIL, the Doctor called back on Monday and told us that the radiologist report shows a broken nose. Anyway, to make a long story short. We went to the ENT, his nose is broken, but not displaced, so everything will be just fine and Brock has something exciting to write about for his "off track news" when he goes back to school this week.
2 comments:
So glad he is ok, we sure love Brock too :)
Poor little stinker! I hate when our babies hurt, especially Brock... I love that Kid!
Love,
Jadie
Post a Comment