Sunday, April 10, 2011

All About Parker Week


Everybody knows that birthdays are really big deal for our family. And, I am perfectly fine with that. Parker's Birthday was on a Thursday, but again, we celebrated all week. Parker is a really great kid and he deserved it. He was baptised on Saturday March 5th and it was a really special day for our family. I know Parker was completely ready to be baptized. He was so excited about it. He was pretty excited to get pocket knife from Cory as well. I want to share a little story that shows that Parker really does just "get it":

A couple of weeks before he was baptized, he was reading the Book of Mormon Reader. (the Book of Mormon with lots of pictures). He was in the middle of it and he said "Oh man, another guy is gonna see an angel". I started to laugh at his expression with this and I said, "but Parker, can you imagine how cool that would be to see and angel? I have never seen an angel." And my cute little Parker T replies, "Mom, you haven't seen an angel because you are already smart enough to believe the truth. Only people who aren't smart enough to believe in the truth need to see angels." Right then I knew that Parker is really beginning to understand the Gospel and I hope with everything inside of me that he is always "smart enough to know the truth". Happy Birthday T- We love you very much!

Parker wanted crepes for breakfast.We went to the library, where we got him his very own library card.Grandma Jen took Parker to lunch and spend the afternoon with her while Brock and I stayed home and made him a brand new Skater Bedroom. He we so surprised and he loves it. He said that now his room is not so "childish". He got his Scout Shirt and Wolf book. Time for Cub Scouts.We gave him a cool Tony Hawk Skateboarding game for the Wii.He wanted to have a "wild and crazy" party with lots of friends. They played games and video games and had yummy treats.A little game of TwisterCory and Parker on his Baptism day.Parker with cousins and friends after his baptism. He was so happy that day. You could see such a sense of pride in his big blue eyes.Parker with Grandma and Grandpa Great.UsParker got Scriptures with his name on them. He wanted black with gold pages.

No comments: