Saturday, April 19, 2008

Moab ROCKS!!

I am writing this blog in memory of yet one more axle that has belonged to my favorite little brother CJ. I know it will be miss dearly but I think we can all grow stronger from this loss.
Last weekend we spent a fun weekend in Moab. Rough and Ready ran like a champ. Its so fun to watch Cory doing what he loves. I know it seems a little corny, but I love the pride he shows in his (our) Jeep. He worked hard, and now it is helping us play hard. I use to get out and walk about 90% of the trails we went on. I'm not even scared anymore. Okay, so I am little afraid of something breaking and having to fork out money fix it. But other than that, the jeep runs great and its not very often that we try things that we cannot do. I'm sure Cory's superb sense of "pick a good line" comes into play somewhat.
It was fun spending time with my family and CJ & Jennilyn and Sosa & Jenny. We always love Moab with the Mowers. Scott and Vickie just might be two of my favorite people in the world. I hope that in the fall, Matt & Megan and Heather & Craig can join us.
Cory and I and the kids arrived on Thursday afternoon. Its so nice to spend time alone with our little family. We had a yummy dinner at The Moab Diner.
On Friday, we went on a really fun trail. Its called Golden Spike. Its seemed to be a lot easier for us this time than last. Maybe its the lockers. Cory crossed "the Crack". It was really cool. Our jeep is so flexible. On our way out, CJ did it again, broke an axle. What an awful sound that is, not to mention all the cussing that goes along with it. It was getting late, so we had leave his sad little jeep on the rocks all alone all night long. All of male figures went back the next morning replace the axle. It took them alot longer than anticipated. The kids didn't mind though. They loved hanging out at camp, swimming and playing at the park ALL DAY!


When they came back, we BBQ'd dinner. Then came the excitement. Chad took the kids to the putting range at our camp ground. After about a half an hour he came back and said "We have a golf injury". Brock had blood all over him. Parker just kept saying "I said I was sorry." Apparently he hit Brock in the face with a full swing of the putter. And off the the ER we went. I thought for sure he would need 3-4 stitches. But the Doctor said that there would be less scaring if they use the Dermabond Glue. So, he glued Brock cheek back together and back to our camp we went. Brock was such a trooper. He was really glad that he didn't have to get stitches though.
Sunday was such a fun day. We did Hell's revenge. Its was so warm and sunny. It was such a take it easy kind of ride. I loved it. Cory climbed Hells Gate and made it look easy. Thanks for your great spotting ability, Scott. I might even watch the next time he does it.
Maybe next time we go to Moab we could do without the broken axle and excess blood, but all in all Moab was a blast.

8 comments:

Jennilyn Proulx said...

Awesome photos Jer! ;) We had a blast with you guys and we're keeping our fingers crossed that we will still plan on doing it again in October!

The Smith Family said...

Nice pics! You guys look like you had a blast!

Elizabeth said...

Look's like a lot of fun you guys! I think I would be terrified doing that. Poor Brock! Gotta love that brotherly love! My boys depend on each other so much for friendship. It's fun to watch them play together. Your boys seem to be the same way! Looks like from Annette's and Jenni Lynn's blog you guys have all been pretty busy lately!

tamster17 said...

Looks like you guys had a great time in Moab! It's so fun to check out your blog and like you commented on mine -- get to know someone better this way -- it's really neat!

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

Sorry to hear about the axle!! It looks like you guys had a great time. Trent remembers the fun times you used to have when he went to Moab with you! Fun! Fun! Fun!

Jadie said...

What a great post in memory of that 1 more axle! Your family is so cute, they are so lucky to have you (SUPER Mom) I am sad we moved from Riverton but it's time for our new life to start. I am thankful for this whole 'bloggin bit' for us to keep in touch. I just hope Jaden and Brock can find a way to also!

Howling Pickup said...

You guys are so adventuresome. Sounds like minus the broken axle and the bloody eye, you had a great time!

The Smith Family said...

I'm just posting to inform you that it has almost been 1 month since you have blogged. It's not like I live next door to you and know what's going on in your life or anything....