Okay, so this blog is a little late, but a couple of weekends ago we went camping with my family. My cute little cousin Amber (who’s not so little anymore) got engaged. So her parents threw her and Kirk an engagement party/camping trip. It was really fun. Cory and I and the Kids got there first. The weather was beautiful until we decided to put up our tent. And, of course as soon as we got it out – DOWNPOUR!! We were so wet. We got the tent up anyway. Then about five minutes later the sun came out and was awesome. UNTIL, everybody else arrived and then DOWNPOUR – again. Lightening was striking right on top of us. Parker said “that guy must have a really big gun” then I thought about it and he has never been in a really big thunder storm. I think he thought it was pretty cool. Anyway, the rain went away but it was soooo cold! It seriously felt like the end of October in August. The coldness did not stop us from having a great time. I am so glad be close to my aunts and uncles and cousins. I am thankful that my kids have a chance to know them, and I love every time we have a chance to be with them. Congratulations Amber and Kirk!
Bedtime in our new cabin. (okay, its a tent)
Camron says its payback time for all the times his bigger cousins were mean to him.
Brock and Parker love-love-love Aunt Joan. She spoils them ROTTEN! See, look who's driving!
Brock and Parker have always had so much fun with Jordan and Kelsey. On this trip, they even created a cousin club for them. They said that Kirk could not join until him and Amber are married. I know that he was so disappointed about that.
2 comments:
Fun! I can't believe I haven't been camping all year! I am very jealous. Except I don't ever have to worry about the downpour :) I just park my tent...
Looks like you guys had a great time -- even with the thunderstorms! How fun that you are close to your cousins and family and still continue to create fun memories together!
Post a Comment