
I just want to take a minute to say Happy Anniversary to my mom and dad. Today they have been married for 36 years and now days I think that is very impressive. Their love and devotion and marriage abosolutely amaze me. I can honestly say that I have never known a couple who complement each other like they do. They started dating when my mom was 16 years old. My dad took her to her Jr. Prom. How cool is that? About that time, he started calling her "Ma" and still does, but nobody really knows why. I have alway known that they love each other and have a good marriage but it has just been over the last couple of years that I have realized that they are head over heels for each other. While I have had a chance to travel with my dad for work, he has shared some stories with me that I will cherish for the rest of my life. He says such kind things about her and I really believe that aside from all of his busy work and business, his life and heart truly

revlove around her. My mom would do absolutely anything in this world for my dad. If my dad asked her to go survive in the desert with him for a year, she would say "okay, what do you want me to bring for you to wear". She adores him. They never fight and they never say loud or rude things to each other. Okay, except for when my mom is driving and my dad tells her that she is the worst driver in the entire world and they are lucky that they aren't dead already. But, in some wierd way, I think he's really just flirting with her. I am so thankful that I have been able to watch and learn from such a great marriage. Thanks mom and dad, you inspire me. Happy Anniversary.
7 comments:
That's really neat Jeri. What a great example you have from your parents. It's fun to see old pictures of our parents--I love the hair do's.
Randy and Jennie are a great couple and awesome people. We love them lots. Hope their day was happy!
What an AMAZING Daughter! I can see where you get it from!
Love,
Jadie
So cute! I love that picture of your parents when they were young! They are amazing people, and I'm so glad you are lucky to have such wonderful examples in your life!
It's great to have such good role models in our lives and it sounds like your mom & dad have been just that for you! What a great post about your parents -- thanks for sharing!
I am so glad to see that you "know" you have AWESOME parents, you really are lucky! Your parents have been great to me and have set a good example for Justun & I as well. (I don't think I know anyone who has been married that long) Thanks to Randy and Jennie for sharing your special day with us, we love you. We are only 28 years behind you!!!
That is AWESOME! You have cute parents, no wonder you turned out so great!
Post a Comment