Saturday, February 21, 2009

Grandpa Ike


On Monday Feb. 2, 2009. Cory's Grandpa, Orr "Ike" Larsen passed away. He was 87 and lived a good life. He was a great example to his kids and grand kids and everybody who knew him. Cory has always had great respect for him. I know Cory has a special place in heart for his grandpa and he will always remember him. They shared a great love for BYU football. It's the first thing they would talk about whenever they saw each other, even in the off season. Grandpa Ike was a great man and we will surely miss him. We are so thankful for gospel and the knowledge that we have. We know we will be with him again some day and grandpa knew that too. Cory was able to spend a couple of hours with him the day that he passed and Grandpa left Cory with his blessing, he told him that he is very proud of him. I know this meant the world to him.
Every single one of Cory's cousins and siblings and their spouses and children were able to be at Grandpa's Funeral. What an amazing sight. Annette spoke and asked us to look around and always remember what grandpa left to us. An amazing family. After the funeral, at the burial, all the little boys wore BYU caps as a tribute to Grandpa, I am sure he would be so proud.

2 comments:

Rambling Again said...

Great post, Jeri. Brought tears to my eyes. He sounds like a wonderful man and the fact that he was BYU fan makes us love him as well. What a sweet tribute to him.

Elizabeth said...

Great tribute Jeri!!! I think about him often and how wonderful it must be to able to walk again and be care free. I'm sure he is very happy!!!!!