Sunday, June 7, 2009

The World's Longest Blog Post

Okay, this is going to be a long one. If you choose to quit reading at any time, No hard feelings. Time just seems to get away from me. It seems like if I don't blog every week, pretty soon I have a novel to write. It's quite overwhelming to me actually. But here we go.
Easter
This year, Easter Sunday was quite different for us. We were home. The Easter Bunny came to our house and hid eggs all over the place. We went to church and had a Easter dinner at our house. I know, sounds pretty normal, but believe me, it was so weird for us. Cory and I have been married for 10 years and this is the first year we stayed home. The kids loved it. They even got Sunday clothes for Easter. After dinner we had an Easter egg hunt in the back yard with Josi and Rhylee. The prize eggs were awesome. They won stuff like a miniature golf trip with uncle Chad and a half an hour of driving Cory's jeep in Moab and a sleepover with Grandma. It was fun and we may even consider staying home next year.
Moab
This may have been one of our best Moab trips yet. I know, I say that every time we go. But really, this was. We had so much fun. My parents and Chad and Kim and their girls came. Again, the Mower's were there. We love them so much. Bree and Justun and the girls came. I'm pretty sure Justun still "needs" to buy a jeep. Our friends Greg and Christie and their cute kids were there and also Shawn and Anita and and their kids. So, I think the key word here is KIDS. The adults were totally outnumbered this time and it was so fun. On Thursday, It was only our family and my mom and dad. We decided to go for a ride. About 1 mile in, we were headed up a little obstacle and we were heard a loud "SNAAAAP". Cory said, "what was that?" and I was like "a leaf spring". He said, "how do you know that?" and I said "because, I can see it here, laying on the ground." Needless to say. We spent the rest of the entire day on the trail. It was really fun though. My dad and Cory went back into town to buy a new leaf spring. ($250.00 later) While my mom and the kids and I went for a little hike. They came back we had lunch and the work started. We realized that we were missing an important bushing. So, my mom and dad and the kids headed back into town for that. ($6 more) Cory and I hung out on a rock and listened to music. Finally at 5:00. The Jeep was as good as new and we went back to meet Bree and Justun for dinner.
The next two days were great. Nothing else broke. We tried a new trail that we have never done and we were able to spend time with some of the coolest people in the world. Cory has a new master plan. Its to start picking up parts and working on Jeeps for Brock and Parker for when they turn 16. I know, CRAZY. We love Moab and look forward to the next 50 years of rock crawling with our friends and family.
On our way to Flat Iron MesaGreg and ChristieScott and his new toy.
I am sure this is a very important conversation.Here come the troops.Papa and Grandma let Brock drive, are they Crazy?
Matt thought he was funny and stuck his head in all of my pictures.
Cory Wheelin'
We were going to winch Matt on something, but as soon as he said go, the guard fell off his bumper. Hilarious!
Cory had 4 little girls ride in the jeep with him for about two hours. They "pretended" that they were running from the bad guys.
Papa teaching Brock to loosen the Lug nuts
All the kidsYep, Jeri can fix a leaf spring.
Baseball
Holy Cow, I cannot believe baseball has come and gone. Maybe that is why I have not blogged in such a long time. This year Brock and Parker were on different teams. This means we had 4 practices and 4 games every week. Do you realize how much baseball that is? Cory was the coach on Parker's team and the assistant on Brock's. He's such a good dad, I love to see him out there coaching our boys. It was a really fun season. Brock played Pee Wee this year. Its quite serious. He had lots of fun and improved like crazy. He met some really fun friends and he had awesome coaches. We are excited for next year when Brock and Parker can be on the same Pee Wee team. Parker was so good this year. He played machine pitch. He hit almost every single time he got up to bat. We love baseball season, but I'm not gonna lie, I'm excited for normal evenings again. Well, at least until football starts ..........!
Tending AJ
We had a chance to spend some time with our new baby cousin AJ. Alyssa was in town for a couple of weeks. We got to tend AJ twice. Brock and Parker loved him so much. Brock even read a book to him. "Animals facts" I'm sure he loved it. Randy and Alyssa wanted to bless AJ while they were here in Utah. So, we did that in our back yard. It was fun to have everybody here. They have now moved to Alaska. Its so much farther away than California. We are gonna miss them so much. I promised Alyssa that I would blog every week, so she wouldn't miss what is going on with us and miss out on the kids' stuff. I hope she remembers to do the same.
Parker's Kindergarten Program
My baby is almost finished with Kindergarten. We are off track for one more week. They go back for nine days. Then on to first grade for Parker. I have no idea what I am going to do without my little "T" home with me during the day. I'm gonna miss him so much. Kindergarten has been a great experience for Parker. He had a really good teacher, her name is Mrs. Winegar. He is reading like a champ and is totally ready to "eat lunch at school". His program was darling. What a cool little kid you are Parker T.
Parker the Performer
Parker, Gage and Kip
Mother's Day
I love mothers day. Not only because I have the best mom and best Mother-in-law on the planet, but because I truly love being a mom. I know its not always perfect and I am certainly have so much to learn but I cannot imagine doing anything different in my life right now. I am so thankful to be a mom and have the two funniest, coolest, hardest, weirdest kids in the world.
Amber and Kirk's Wedding
Well, they did it. My cousin Amber got married on May 16th. She was a beautiful bride and it was a perfect day. Parker was the ring bearer. He did a great job. Rhylee was the flower girl. Brock and Josi had important jobs. At the wedding, they were in charge of handing out programs and at the reception they got to carry the presents. All I can say is, Amber and Joan know how to throw one heck of a party. Thanks for letting us be a part of your special day.
Amber, Parker, Rhylee and Kirk
Parker and Kirk
Parker, Josi, Rhylee and Brock at the rehearsal dinnerRhylee the Flower girl
Memorial Day Weekend at the Lake
We went to Yuba for Memorial day weekend. We went with some other families in our neighborhood. It was so fun to get to know them. Its funny, the things you learn about people around a campfire. I didn't take many pictures because it rained pretty much the whole time. I didn't want to ruin my new camera. Saturday was my birthday and Annette and Mel were so nice to bring me a cake. At about 7:00 pm, Cory was all cleaned up and in his sweats when the water calmed and I was going nuts to ski again. he said "fine, if you really want to go, I'll take ya" so he put the boat back on the water and took me out one more time. What a great guy! Happy birthday to me. We had good water for a couple of hours on Sunday. It was FREEZING, but not choppy. We went out in the boat with the Snow's. They are such a cute little family and it was fun to get to know them better. Ryan helped Parker "try" to wake board. He did so good. I have not doubt that when we have some warmer water this year, both Brock and Parker will be wake boarders. By Sunday night, I couldn't take the rain anymore. Everything was so muddy. We packed up and headed home. Its a good thing, because it took us pretty much all day Monday to clean it up. At least we can say that boating season has officially begun.
Sam, Brock and Parker
Parker learning to wake board
Jeri & Izzie

8 comments:

Heidi Hartley said...

Sounds like fun Jer. It's fun to see what you guys have been up to. That's really funny that you did a marathon post; I just did the same thing. It's that time of year! Have fun.

The Mighty Murray's said...

All I can say is it's about stinkin' time! Way to get caught up in a marathon post! Awesome pictures.

Mel & Annette said...

Very great blog and not too long at all. I loved reading it!

Jadie said...

WoWzA... I'm impressed.
Loved the updates, sounds like a fun summer so far!

Jadie

Christen Noelle said...

Jeri...your life is truly an adventure! Your boys are so lucky to have such adventurous parents.

As far as I can remember you and your family have always been that way...so awesome!

Jennilyn Proulx said...

Holy cow that was like the longest blog ever....jk Now I feel like I know you again! When am I ever going to see you again.

Lara Phister said...

Holy smoksy! That was a fun read. I LOVE SUMMER....we need to get out on the lake with you guys this year!

The Smith Family said...

I made it! Sounds like you are having lots of fun WITHOUT your neighbors....kidding :) I love the baseball shots...are you loving your camera?