Monday, August 24, 2009

Here we go again!

A trip to the cabin
We had a trip planned to cabin with some of our neighbors. They ended up not being able to go. But we went anyway, just the four of us. I might say it was one of the best trips I have ever had up there. It was so nice to hang out with just my boys. We played games and watched a movie. We went for a really long hike, Brock leading the way. We made some yummy smores, played tip over the dominos, went for a ride in the coot and relaxed for a few days.
Finally, they all stayed
This may have been the best S'more ever made!
What a poser
Our hike
Dad and his boys

One Bad Day at Utah Lake
One Friday afternoon, we decided that it would be fun to run down to Utah lake for hte evening. (it was all Bree's idea) We packed our dinner, and off we went. We were wrong. It wasn't fun. About 10 minutes after we put the boat on the water, we hit mud going about 30 mph in the middle of the lake. Totally ruined a brand new prop. So, we let the kids swim for a while and headed home. We came back to our house, ate our dinner and hung out. Oh well, ya win some, ya loose some!
Who's bright idea was this anyway?
At least they didn't know that we weren't having fun.
Justun and Cory Checking out the damage

Starvation
We went to Starvation with Cory’s family the first weekend in August. Yep, more camping for us. It was really windy when we got there and blew most of the time. It was fun sitting around a fire and playing games at night though. On Friday night we went crawdad fishing. Saturday morning we were up at 6:00 am to try and catch some good water. Good water is what we got. But, I am pretty sure there that my hair turned to ice while I was skiing. CJ, Alayna and I were the only ones nuts enough to get in. Mel and Annette did come for support though. When the sun came up it was much better and we had some good water for a couple more hours. Jennilyn’s brother and sister-in-law came too. We had a fun weekend. Thanks guys.
Cory on Slalom
CJ
Annette and Alyana, Freezing their Butts off!
Cory dancing AGAIN!
Ike loves everything, even scary fish.
Cory and Parker on the hunt

The First Day of School 2009-2010
Brock started 2nd grade and Parker 1st. They were both so excited to go. Me, not so much. I wish they had a longer summer and I wish they could stay little and stay home with me forever. They did great. They both have awesome teachers. Brock is still in the ALPS program and is doing great. Parker thinks eating lunch at school is the coolest thing ever. They were so cute on the first day and I didn't even cry until I left the school parking lot. I can't believe that my baby is spending more time with somebody else everyday than me. Here's to a fun year!
Tatton Family Reunion Camping Trip
We went camping with the Tatton family. It was nice. Almost everybody came. We rode four-wheelers, sat around the fire, ate really yummy food and most of all spent some good time together. Papa let Brock and Parker shoot his gun. They thought it was great. We went for a long ride on Sunday. We came home so dirty, and it was a good little reminder why I like to go camping to places where there is running water. I hope this will be a family tradition for every year.
Brock Shooting
Parker Shooting
Who says Papa is a good Safety Guy?
Aunt Joan and Parker
Jeri driving, Don't worry, Cory doesn't let that last too long
On top of the world
Payback's a what????
Lake Powell
We took our first trip to Lake Powell in a very long time and it was fantastic. I love it there. We went for five days with the Edwards. I forgot how amazing it is. The weather was beautiful. We only had one mishap and it only lasted a few hours. We had one crazy windstorm. We came back to our camp from an ice cream run to find our tent tumbling down our campsite with all our our bedding and clothes in it. Both Easy up Shade Tents were completely destroyed, our bathroom tent was clear up on top of a rock about 100 yards away and one of our tables was broken. Bree and Justun's tent was still together but collapsing quickly. We considered loading everything up and leaving but we decided to stick it out. I am so glad we did. We had to rebuild camp and all 8 of us slept in the Edwards tent for the next two nights. It was little squishy but it was worth hearing Justun's infamous "there I was" bedtime stories. We did tons of sight seeing and cliff jumping and even more wake boarding and skiing. We were able to spend one day with My aunt Joan and Uncle Cory and Uncle Mike while we were there. I cant wait to go again
Bree's getting really good on slalom
Bree and I swam us through little cave to get us here.Captain Cory Justun walked around for about an hour with "Izzy" on his hat
Just call him Cory Chesney Parker was crazy on the tube. He could stay on through anything. even longer than Justun. Just ask him
What fun kids
Cliff Jumping
Chicken!The Proulx family, just after the camp clean up!The Edwards "workin' it" Check out Bree's face in this picture. Hilarious!
Two families, one tent. Parker and Jeri Wakeboarding
Jeri, look at the water! Thats why we love Lake Powell.
Cory and Justun just can't help themselves
Brock, Skied and kneeboarded. He also got bit by 2 scorpions this weekend. Livin' Large!

4 comments:

Mel & Annette said...

Great blog. It's hard getting caught up huh? You did a great job, though. Fun summer!

The Smith Family said...

I felt like we did a lot this summer until I looked at this post...I barely had the energy to read it :) Love the smore picture!

Jennilyn Proulx said...

When you post, you certainly post!! And no wonder I feel like I haven't seen you forever! You've been busy!!

Jadie said...

I LOVE all the pictures! You freakin rock. I hope you know... you are a total inspiration to me. I love ya!

Jadie