
So, the kids always want to have a water fight at birthday parties. But, since their birthdays are in March and September, that just does not work. So, this year, they decided that they wanted to have a "summer Party" for no reason at all. I said okay, not realizing how fast the summer would come and go. So, we made up some invitations, they invited all of their friends (25 of them) and we had a water party on Friday. It was fun. Kids just go nuts with water balloons. In the mean time we decided to go up to the cabin with Bree and Justun for the weekend. We wanted to take the boat to

Scofield again. So, as soon as the water party was over we headed up to the cabin. My mom and dad were already there. We sat by the fire and told more campfire stories. It makes me laugh how my dad's same old stories just keep getting better and better each time he tells them. I don't think my kids will ever get sick of hearing "the go cart one".
Cory, Justun and my dad got up really early and headed to the lake to fish. My mom, Bree, and I and the kids went down around 10:00. I have to say that I got the only good water of the entire day. It lasted about ten minutes.

So we hung out on the boat for a while. We had lunch and then it was time for my mom and dad and Brock to leave, because Papa took Brock to the Toby Keith and Trace Atkins concert on Saturday night. What a spoiled kid. He had so much fun. He has not stopped talking about it and he took like 150 pictures. Meanwhile

the rest of us just hung out at the lake and waited for better water. Cory and Justun wake boarded on crappy water then we decided to head back to the cabin so Cory and Justun could hunt for deer. Justun has an archery tag. So, they took the kids hunting while Bree and I started dinner. They came back, we BBQ'd some steaks and the boys left to go hunting again, Parker too. Needless to say, they didn't shoot anything, but Parker thought it was

great anyway. I think Justun found himself a little huntin' buddy. When they got back, we got the kids to bed and played one mean game of Hand and Foot. Its always Bree and I against Cory and Justun. They always like to place a little wager on the game and Bree and I always end up doing something

absolutely ridiculous. Enough said! When we left on Sunday, we decided to stop and fish on Bouldger. There is always an adventure in store for us these days. We got our lunch out and started to make sandwiches when all of the sudden, DOWNPOUR. Just long enough to get us all wet. We stayed anyway. The fishing was great. Parker caught a ton of fish by himself. I'm not sure of the exact number, but it was alot. We had a really fun weekend doing lots of stuff we love.
No comments:
Post a Comment