
I just want to share a little story. Yesterday, we went to Brock's Cub Scout Pack meeting. The parents were having a little meeting while the boys played basketball. When we got in the car Brock said, "Mom, guess what? There were team captains to pick the teams and I was picked last. That doesn't feel very good". I said, "doesn't that ever happen to you?" and he laughed and said "hmmmm, not really." We talked for a few minutes about how that felt pretty crumby, and sometimes there is one kid who is always chosen last. Anyway, the point of my whole story is that, today I am thankful that Brock has been given this lesson in humility. I'm glad he was a good sport and had fun anyway. But, I truly hope that the next time he is a captain that he will stop and remember how it felt to be chosen last and he will pick his team with a kind heart.
4 comments:
What a good kid. And, what a good Mom. So cool.
What a good and smart kid. Must be why he roots for the U...lol
Great lesson. Love you and him
Love those kind of teaching moments with our kids!
Post a Comment