Saturday, January 9, 2010

December! Here we go!

First of all, I need to clear some things up. I DO NOT hate Christmas. In fact, I love Christmas. I hate the SNOW! My poor kids keep confusing the two and call me a scrooge. I have decided to have a better attitude about the snow, so that my kids don't think I hate Christmas. I will start this attitude change on April 1st 2010. As for right here and now, I hate the snow.

Okay, back to December. We had a fun month. The kids were off track and it flew by so fast. The first part was sort of mellow. Brock and Parker got really sick of shopping. But we finished and had everything wrapped by Dec. 20th. Because, we went to Las Vegas for the BYU football game. We went the Edwards. Can I just say, "we love them"! They are easy for us to vacation with and we always have so much fun with them. We did some shopping, and ate really good food. We took the kids to Circus Circus and the Tournament of Kings. I do want to share my favorite part of the whole trip. We stayed in my parents condo, so we were all in one place. One night we went back and got ready for bed. When it was time for bed, we all sat in the living room and hung out. (kids too) We were all laughing so hard. We told funny stories and jokes and it was fun to just be there all together. Abby couldn't say "Laffy Taffy" for the life of her, it kept coming out "Wacky Tacky" and every time, she would giggle like it was the funniest thing in the world. We love Abby and Haddie and its fun to have friends who love our kids too. Here are few pictures from our trip.
We came home on Cory's Birthday. His family is AWESOME. They were shoveling our driveway when we got home. Then, both of our families came over for root beer floats. I gave Cory a new Slalom ski. I pretty sure he doesn't realize how much he is going to LOVE it!
On Christmas Eve, we went to dinner with my family and went back to my parents house for "piles" of presents. The kids get so excited for this. Grandma Jen always gives them PJ's and they change into them as soon as they open them. Then we came home and got ready for bed, so Santa could come. We gave Brock and Parker DS's which seemed to be a hit. Even better than the stuff Santa brought. Brock got a Rip Stick, some books and some "funny shirts". Parker got a skate board and a Nerf gun and some clothes.
Then, off to Alyana and Jason's house for Breakfast Burritos. I love this tradition. Cory's family has been doing it for years. We opened more gifts there and spent time with Cory's family. Then we came home and were very I wanted to take down our tree and decorations on Christmas night. But, Cory wouldn't have it. So, we did it first thing on the 26th. I've said it before. I really like decorating for Christmas. But, I tell you what!! I love taking it down. My house feels so clean and organized. That is the best part about January.
We spent New Year's eve with Chad and Kim at there house. It was really quite uneventful, but fun. Parker got an ear infection and was pretty miserable for bringing in the new year. Poor kid.
It's a new year and I cannot wait to see what 2010 has in store for our little family.

1 comment:

Jennilyn Proulx said...

Alayna's eyes are open in that last pic!! It's a miracle! lol