Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Few Things Worth Talkin' About

Bowling with the Edwards
In the middle of January, we went bowling with our favorite little family. There was no real reason, just for fun.
A Trip to the Cabin
At the end of January we went to the cabin with my family. There wasn't much snow, but we had lots of fun anyway. We spent the entire day on Saturday, sledding! I am surprised how NOT afraid our kids are. When the kids went to bed, we spent lots of time sitting on the couch, just chatting. It was fun to spend time there with them. The Cabin is one of my favorite places to be and it is without a doubt the place where I feel closest to my Mom, Dad and Brother. And I would like to publicly thank Chad for not throwing me in the snow or pegging be with a mean snowball or whitewashing me, for the entire weekend.
Wrestling
Brock and Parker have started wrestling. Parker loves it. Brock could take it or leave it. We have only had one tournament. Brock had to miss it for his Blue and Gold Banquet for Scouts. Parker lost his first match and pinned the guy in his second. Thanks Mom and Dad for taking him and video taping it for us.
Blue and Gold Banquet
So, I'm asking myself, Why have I always made all of the kids' birthday cakes when their dad is so dang good at it? For the Blue and Gold banquet, every Scout and their dad was suppose to make dessert to auction off for a fundraiser. Cory and Brock went all out. I refused to have anything to do with it. They did the planning and the shopping, and the baking and decorating. All I can say is that Cory has officially proven himself as the better cake maker. Looks like birthdays just got a little less stressful for me.This was a fun Blue and Gold for us because Brock earned his Wolf Badge and his first Gold Arrow point. He also earned a belt loop for Chess. He has been working really hard on his scout stuff and we are really proud of him.
Jr. Jazz Basketball
Our kids are playing basketball for the first time ever. They are doing really well for being rookies. Its fun to have them on the same team. This is definitely more Brock's style than wrestling. They both really like it and its been cool to see their improvements each week.
Chess..... REALLY???
Brock and Parker have been participating in Chess Club at school. They wanted to be in tournament that was being held at their school. So, we said okay. I thought "big deal, we can play chess for a couple of hours on Saturday". Okay, little did I know that it would be 6 hours of chess. Its quite a big ordeal actually. They played 5 rounds. They both won 2 and lost 3. I'm not sure if they will want to do another one, but it was a fun experience for them. And, they get a medal!
January went by so fast and I have to say "thank goodness". We've stayed busy and that has helped the winter time be a little more bearable for me. I am so thankful for this time in our lives. Our kids are learning and growing and participating in so much. It truly makes me so excited to see with the next 10 years has in store for our family.

3 comments:

Mel & Annette said...

Fun times = great memories! xoxox

Jennilyn Proulx said...

Gol! Where have we been?? We need to see each other again! It's been forever! You know it's bad when we haven't seen each other between your blog posts...lol

tamster17 said...

So fun Jeri! Looks like you guys had a great month full of lots of action! Love the cakes that Cori made! He is talented! How did he get red frosting??? That is hard to come by!