Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Moki Mutt!

Okay, so I've never written about a certain member of our family and I think maybe its time I do. Let me start with a little story. When Cory and I were engaged, he bought me a puppy. We didn't have a house yet, neither one of our parents wanted to have a puppy in their house and to be honest, I don't love dogs. In fact, I don't even like em! So, I told Cory that he needed to take the puppy back, yes to the pound where he got it. I know. MEAN! Well, after we were married for a couple of months, I felt sort of bad about the puppy and I thought that Cory must really want a dog. So, for Easter I bought him a puppy, Moki. I figured, now he had dog and he would have to be responsible for her. So, Moki turned 11 last week and up until now, I have tolerated her just fine. She is a really good dog. She never barks, or bites and she only comes in our house when its freezing outside (downstairs in the storage room in her kennel, of course) and she's never peed or pooped in my house and she goes right outside as soon as we go get her.
Lately, Moki has changed, she's getting old. Her eyes seem to be going and she moves alot slower. Now here's my problem. I think I love her! Everyday I find myself watching her out the window and felling sad for her. I've always joked about how maybe she could run away or that I wouldn't feel bad if she died. But now that the time seems to be close at hand, I find myself worrying about that stupid dog all the time and I totally dread the day when we have to tell our kids (especially Parker) that Moki is no longer with us. Okay, so after 11 years, I can finally admit it. I like Moki!

4 comments:

cyrie said...

Ha Ha. You love your dog! I am so glad.

The Edwards Family said...

What? This can't be you Jeri, who wrote this?

Lara Phister said...

I'm with Bree...You like Moki?? It's about time!

Randy and Jennie Tatton said...

Hey Jeri you better love her,after all she was my first and only grandog. I don't like dogs much either, but a have always loved Moki-mut.