Last week was a fun one. Cory had to go to St. George for a the week, we had a birthday, Parker got strep, more wrestling and a mini-vacation to St. George for me.
We celebrated Parker's 7th birthday with family on Sunday, because Cory had to leave for St. George on Monday. Monday, Parker came down with a sore throat. I took him to the Doctor and sure enough, he had strep. So, I ask myself. What do you do with
your kids when they keep getting strep and we have already had their tonsils out? I was a mean mom and made Parker get the big awful Bicilin shot. At least then we wouldn't have to cancel hi
s friend Birthday party. Right! So, we postponed it for one day and celebrated on Wednesday. Which worked out perfectly because that was his actual birthday. We just ditched wrestling practice for that day. Parker had a really fun day. We went to Jump On It, then we came home and had pizza and Cake and presents.
The kids have had so much fun wrestling. Parker loves it, Brock is still not a huge fan. They both improved so much in just a few months. It was fun to watch.
Now for the best part. Justun also had to go to St. George for work. So, on Friday, Bree and I left in the morning and went to meet Cory and Justun
for the the weekend. What a much needed break. We didn't have any plans once we got there, but it was sure nice. We had yummy food, did a little hiking, went shopping, saw two movies and went out for ice cream (twice).
I am so excited that it is March and winter is almost officially over. Parker keeps reminding me that it is not spring until March 21st. So, until then, I will remain calm while it snows outside, like today. But, rest assured that after March 21st, I will no long be nice about snow!
The kids have had so much fun wrestling. Parker loves it, Brock is still not a huge fan. They both improved so much in just a few months. It was fun to watch.
Stay tuned for some excited stuff. Baseball has started and we will spend most of our time at the park for a few months, but after that, I plan on having one heck of a fun summer!
2 comments:
Hey Jeri,
What weight is your boy wrestling? Does he go to those Bantam tournements?
I can honestly say I can not think of one summer where you guys haven't lived it up. You are always doing something!
Post a Comment