
Cory and I met on May 25, 1998. He had been home from his mission for about 3 weeks. He was not shy at all. I worked at Gart Sports when he and his friend Matt Evans came in to buy

some basketball shoes, and boy did I think Matt was cute! Cory didn’t take long at all to ask me for my phone number. It took about another week for us to finally be able to talk on the phone. But when we did, we talked for two hours. We talked about waterskiing and jeeping and camping and music and everything else that is important. We had so much in common. I wondered “where the heck did this boy come from, he is perfect". We doubled with Matt and his crazy girlfriend at the time. We went bowling, then to the store to buy ice cream. Little did Cory know,he bought my
heart with Ben

and Jerry’s. Then we left Matt, and went to WJ Park. We sat on a blanket and
talked while we ate our ice cream. I am not sure if he intended to talk or make out. But, we made out. That

was the night I fell in love. I went home and told my mom that I was going to marry him some day. She said “does he know that” and I said “I don’t know, but he will”. Cory and I didn’t spend much time apart after that. "Someday" came really fast. We got engaged two and half months later after my friend Heidi’s wedding reception. I caught th
e bouquet and he had the ring in his pocket. He asked me to marry him later that night overlooking one of my favorite canyons. Our courtship and engagement was so much fun. Everyday we spent
together, I loved him more and more. We bought a cute little white house in South Jordan that needed some serious remodeling. Cory didn

’t care because it had a huge garage. We worked really hard on our little home while we were engaged and it turned out perfect. We got married on Feb. 27, 1999. What an amazing day that was. I would not change one single thing about it. For the next year Cory spent a lot of time

teaching me about the Gospel and I couldn’t wait to be sealed to him for eternity. So, one year later on March 4, 2000 we were sealed in the Jordan River Temple. After that, time started flying like crazy. In 2001 Brock was born. In 2002 we bought new house in Riverton so we didn’t have to share a bedroom with our baby. And, in 2003 Parker joined us. The past five years have been the best in my life. I am so thankful for Cory. He is an amazing man. He works hard and knows how to have fun. He is such a great dad and our boys love him more than anything. The last 9 years have been so great I can’t wait to see what the next 90 will bring. Happy
Anniversary to us!!!
7 comments:
Jeri, this post gave me goosebumps! You guys are so cut and WOW! I didn't realize how much Brock looks like Cory. Happy, Happy Anniversary!
Ok you just made me cry. I want you to know how grateful I am to have been part of all of these memories. You guys are the best and I love you tons. Thanks for all of the great times; and thanks in advance for the memories yet to come. Love for eternity!
Hey...I'm so stealing this idea come April! I am glad you remembered to do it! You guys are the best. I'm glad you decided to move here all those years ago. Someone knew you had to be my neighbor! Love ya!
I knew this post would be cute Jer, but not this cute! I wish I could be married for nine years so that I could do one this good! :) CONGRATS!
Congrats Jer! I can't believe it's been 9 years. You guys are seriuosly a perfect couple.
I love hook-up stories!! I want to see your wedding album now, so can you bring it to the overnighter in P.C.?? You two are a cute couple, Happy Anniversary!!
How sweet is that! Happy anniversary!
Post a Comment