Saturday, May 31, 2008

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

My 30th birthday just my be my favorite ever. (and I have had some fun ones) What a fun day. I have been feeling especially thankful ever since. I woke up to go to the gym at 5:00 am and when I pulled out of my garage I saw the biggest cake (sign) ever!! My mom, and Chad and Kim decorated my yard. Oh wait, not my yard, my street. They put signs everywhere. Kim said it was so that I didn't have to call all of my neighbors to tell them it was my birthday. (but, I stopped doing that when I turned like 13) Then I went to lunch downtown with my brother. It was so nice. We ate Tai Food and talked forever. I loved it. Thank you Chad. Then I hung out with the kids for the day and they were so cute all day. I know that they were on their best behavior just so I could have a good day. Cory and I had big plans to go to Park City shopping with the money that he gave me to spend only on myself. My mom offered to tend the kids all night for us. I thought it was so nice. When we went to drop them off, we drove past the park by her house and SUPRISE!!! Everybody I know was there. My mom and Kim and Bree and Cory and Annette had planned a huge party/barbeque for me. I have now idea how I did not know. Everybody, including Brock and Parker kept it from me. Cory did so good not letting me find out. I thought we were having a fun date night. Bree even brought a gift to my house earlier in the day to help throw me off. It was so fun. I was shocked to see so many people. Even aunts and cousins from out of town. I had such a great night and thank you so much to everybody who came. You all made my 30th birthday amazing. I know how lucky I am to have you in my life and I appreciate your friendship. And, thanks to my mom for always letting me believe that my birthday is the most important day of the entire year.

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hey Jeri! Happy Belated Birthday and sorry we missed your party! Gracie got miserabley sick that day. I felt really bad!!! It looks like it was a fun party and thanks for the Happy Birthday to me. I really don't feel like I'm 30, I feel like I'm still 20!!!!

Jennilyn Proulx said...

I'm a little disappointed. I really thought you would be posting the photo of you in front of your cake, sprawled out like a magazine centerfold!

Mel & Annette said...

It was a great birthday. Hey, I don't want to be tacky or anything; but I helped plan it too. In fact. I think that it was my idea.....oh well, it was the best and we love you.

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

I would like to publically apoligize to anybody (Annette) that I did not mention who helped plan the party I wasn't exactly sure who the masterminds were. Also thanks to everybody who brought food and salads, it was so yummy. I love you all!!

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jadie said...

Hey Jeri!
I am glad you had such a good day. I'm sure your Mom lets you think it is the "most important day of the year"... it is! Anyway, i totally would have been there if I would have known. (Thanks Cory!!) I can't wait to hang with you and the boys this summer!
Love,
Jadie

Mrs. L said...

Happy Birthday!!

Blondie said...

That is sooo awesome, I'm glad you had no idea that makes it all the more fun! I can't believe your fam decorated the whole street, I might just have to do that in the future??

The Smith Family said...

I'm starting to think your birthday is my most imporatant day of the year too....haha! We love you guys!

tamster17 said...

Too fun!!! I loved seeing all the signs up on the street wishing you a Happy Birthday! I honked everytime I went past your house. :-) And my kids thought it was great. Glad you had a great day and welcome to the 30's! :-)