Friday, November 28, 2008

A Hard Workin' Man

Last week we went to Cory's End of the Year Banquet/Holiday Party. This year was a little bit different though. Cory recieved his 10 year award. It was pretty cool. Its hard to believe that he has been working at Draper City for 10 years. He got a nice little bonus which he chose to put toward a new TV for our bedroom. He also recieved a letter from the Mayor which stated his value to the city. Cory is such a hard worker, I believe that Draper City is lucky to have him. Draper has been a great place to work. Cory has good friends there and has alway been treated well. We know that we are very lucky for this. Now I should explain why we are so thankful at this time for good employment and good BENEFITS. Cory has had some back problems for about 3 years now. On and off, he goes through times of pretty bad back pain. Well, since Halloween, its been worse than ever. His left leg has been completely numb. He can feel it, but he has no muscle control. So, last week we saw a Spinal Specialist, he had an MRI and it showed a HUGE buldging disc. The doctor said, it is in the top 3 biggest that he as ever seen. He told us that Cory needs Surgery. I said "okay, like how soon" and he said "no later than next week". YIKES!! So on Thursday Cory is having surgery on his back. I think I'm more nervous than he is. He will only be in the hospital for one night but he will be home from work and down for 3 weeks. For 3 weeks, he cannot lift anything more than 3 lbs. and for 3 months he will be on light duty and not be able to lift more than 10 lbs. Cory's so tough, I'm sure he will be fine. But, Im not gonna lie, he is going to drive me NUTS! Having him home for 3 weeks might be kind of fun. The kids will be off track, so things will be pretty low key around the Proulx house for a while. My husband is not an easy person to keep still, but you better believe that if Cory does ANYTHING to screw up his recovery or get hurt again there will be some serious problems here at home. Wish him luck!

6 comments:

Mel & Annette said...

Congratulations on 10 great years. We all know that Draper is lucky to have Cory!!!! I know that the surgery will go off without a hitch, and Cory will be wakeboarding as soon as the snow melts. Love forever and ever!

Jennilyn Proulx said...

CJ wants to know what Cory wants for a get well soon gift!

Lara Phister said...

Way to go Cory! I think it's great that the city recognizes you "back breaking" labor. (I'm sorry...not very funny!)

Heidi Hartley said...

That stinks about Cory's back guys. Good luck! You will have to stock up on some fun family games Jer.

Kimberly said...

"Bummer" on the back thing, but "Sweet" on the bonus thing! Hope all goes well!

The Edwards Family said...

No luck needed, Cory just needs to use his healing skills. Everything is gonna be just fine and he's gonna heal like a champ.