I have not had this much fun in the snow in a very long time. I have had such a bad attitude about winter this year, but this weekend reminded that it is not ALL bad. Growing up, I spent so much time at the cabin in the winter with my family and really good mountian friends. Some of my favorite memories are there. I use to love to snowmobile. I could keep up with all the boys and most of the men by the time I was 13.
The last couple years we have seen a lot of loss for people that I really care about because of snowmobile accidents. I thought that it had ruined me forever. But, I was wrong. Those people who lost their lives on snowmobiles, died doing something that they truly love. Now, I remember why. We spent Easter weekend at the cabin with my Mom and Dad, Chad and Kim and all the Kids. The riding was better than I ever remember it.
When we were little, my dad was always telling Chad and I to "go outside and play". We must have been brainwashed or something because the entire weeked Chad and I were saying "Let's go outside and play!" We had a blast. We made a slide that went from the cabin all the way down to the road. It was super fast. Parker liked to go down on his belly like a little penguin. Papa went down, and all 4 kids tried to ride on top of him. Josi is the only one that stayed on.
Brock and Josi liked to slide down the Goodsells cabin. We have been doing that for years. Rhylee loved it all. Mom, Kim and I decided to all ride a sled down the "big" hill together. We hit a jump and Kim and I both came home with bruised butts. I think its so great that my mom, Grandma Jen will still go sledding with us. I am so glad that we spent this fun Easter weekend up there together. And yes, the Easter Bunny can hop through 6 feet of snow to find little boys and girls.
7 comments:
Fun! I'm glad you guys had a good time and that you'll still get out there an snowmobile after everything. Love ya!
Cabins in the mountains and snowmobiling is tons of fun! We always used to go as kids too and we had so much fun. Trent & I have only gone once and that was on our honeymoon. We haven't had enough snow on our anniversary to go again! Maybe this year!
Yup, this was a great blog, and I hadn't seen it yet. Thanks for doing the pictures for me. They look great, well at least as good as crappy old pictures can look. Glad your family had some quality time at the cabin.....think summer!
That sounds like such a fun time. I can't believe there is still that much snow!
Hi Jeri,
It was so fun to get your message! It's great to hear from you. Your family is adorable, I hope all is well.
I was actually just thinking of you because I saw that singer, Leona Lewis, on TV the other day and she reminds me of you. So pretty!
Keep in touch!
Miranda
Jeri,
That Story Brings back alot of memories for me. I so Happy for you and your Family.
Love, Ry
Have fun this weekend in Moab!!!
Post a Comment