
Cory has been home for 20 days now. His surgery went really well. His back feels better than it has in a couple of years. His foot and leg are still pretty numb and he doesn't have all the strength back yet. The doctor said that could take a while. He sees the Doc on Monday the 29th to see if he can go back to work. In the mean time. I was driving home from the gym thinking about my plan of attack to clean our house when I thought to myself. "Why should I clean the whole house by myself while Cory and the boys play video games

or watch TV." So I came in and wrote down all the different rooms in our house. Everybody drew out different room, and that's what they got to clean. To my surprise, this worked awesome. The kids thought they were playing a fun game. Cory didn't mind, because he got the kitchen and he secretly loves to clean the kitchen. He

likes to reorganize the cupboards and make sure everything is just so. It did take some extra time for me to do my rooms because I had to keep stopping to help the kids. (Parker really likes to spray the dust polish) The biggest surprise was that Brock had to clean the bathroom, and he did so good. This was one of those days that I wish my little boys would be little forever.
1 comment:
Love this idea! You're so right about not having to clean the house yourself and I'm glad the boys were on board! I think it's great that you are teaching them cleaning skills -- it will definitely help them later in life. And just think how much their wives will appreciate it! ;-)
BTW -- I'm changing my blog to be private (have had some weird traffic that has freaked me out) and need your email address so that I can invite you to be able to view it. Call me or send it to me in a facebook message, k! :-)
Post a Comment