
We have such a fun little Christmas tradition here at our house that I would like to share. It's so simple, but one that the kids look forward to so much. Every year, a couple of days after thanksgiving, we go to a store and each of us pick out a new ornament for our tree. I write the year and who picked it on the bottom. We have been doing this ever since we got married. Our tree is

not one that would win any sort of award or certaianly not be allowed in the Festival of Trees. But we love it! We have lots of fun ornaments with lots of meaning only to us. Because each of us get to pick one, Right now our tree if full of Scooby doo, race cars, Star Wars guys and Ninja Turtle ornaments. (I know, very classy) I try to pick really girly stuff to balance it

out a little. We also have ornaments from mine and Cory's childhood. Stuff that reminds us of grandparents, and our families and our schooldays. I figure when the boys get married and move away they can take

all of their ornaments to have a tree of their own. This year we have started a new tradition. I cannot share it with you but, maybe, just maybe if you come to our house and look closely at our tree, you will be able to figure it out. Happy Holidays everybody!!
8 comments:
Hey Jer cute tree. We have the same tradition, but we are running out of places to find great ornaments. Where do you find yours. I think I'm going to get each of the kids a craft box to decorate this year to start keeping their ornaments in. Hey you need to put some people you know in that heart ornament in Brock's picture;)
Traditions are the best. I'm curious to know what this other tradition is that you can't tell us :) I guess I'll just have to get it together and come up your way. See you guys at the party!!!!
I love your tree!
That's fun! We do something similar, but we get an ornament every time we go on vacation or add a pet or member of the family. It's a lot of fun when we decorate the tree to talk about each one.
Gol! I haven't seen you forever! How is Cory feeling? I sure miss you big sister!
What a fun tradtion! It will be fun for your boys to have a collection they can take with them. I'll have to come catch a peak at your tree! I don't even have mine up yet! I know . . . sad, huh?
Okay, first I have to say.. You look great! What a fun tradition. I love to hear what other people do. You have got me very curious as to what your new tradition is. I may have to stop by just to see.
That is so cute! I love the pictures of each of you by your ornament! I want to know what your new tradition is sooooooo bad! I've spent so much time examining the pictures trying to figure it out. If you feel 1 bit sad for my pathetic wonders...you'll just tell me!
Love ya,
Jadie
Post a Comment