Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Brock's on his way to First Grade

Brock finished kindergarten quite some time ago. (like over a month) But, I am just not getting around to blogging about it. He had so much fun in Kindergarten. He made lots of friends and is the king of the monkey bars now. Brock has always been such a smart little guy. His teacher told me that he was on the highest reading level she has ever taught a kindergartener. We have always known that Brock would need a little something extra when it comes to education. He has so much common sense and is very logical. He learns very easily. So, we applied for the ALPS program. (acceelerated learning program for students) He did awesome. He had to have a composite score of 50 to qualify for the program and he had a 92. Luckily our school is an ALPS school. Not all schools in the district house the program. So, when Brock starts first grade, he will be able to learn more on his own level. I think the good part is that he still gets to have lunch and recess and field trips with all of the other first grade classes. We are so excited to watch him grow and learn this year. We love Brock and are so very proud of him.

8 comments:

Christen Noelle said...

Brock was born right between my older two. Brooklyn is starting 2nd and Dade kindergarten. How fun! What a plus that he is such a smarty pants...awesome!

Anonymous said...

Brock is hands down the smartest kid I know, you should be VERY proud. You are the man, buddy!!

Lara Phister said...

Yippee Brock!! I can't believe your going to be in 1st grade in less than a month- just today I was thinking about you and how you'll be turning 7!!! What an old fart. Way to go Jeri & Cory for having a smart kid, your right...he's always had commen sence, and been smart- what other kid knows his phone number when he's 18 months old???

Mel & Annette said...

Congrats to Brock. He's the man! I have always been way proud of him and glad that he was sent to our family. You can't be a waaaay smart kid, though, without really exceptional parents. Good job!

Jadie said...

Those are 3 of the HOTTEST boys I've ever seen! Brock is so smart, good luck with ALPS that is so cool.
So, I'm still planning on a Lagoon Day with you guys. Summer has been so crazy busy I haven't had time to think about it!
Call me sometime,
Jadie

The Smith Family said...

Way to go Brock! We're excited for him! I sure hope Gavin turns out as amazing as your guys!

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

Brock is sure a cutie!

Hey Jeri, thanks for all the cute baby stuff! I love all the neat gifts you guys picked out. The PJs are darling!! I did miss having you there! We had a lot of fun. Hope the wedding was wonderful!

The Gatherum Family said...

Way to go Brock! So, Jeri, what are you gonna do with your spare time now?!?!?! I can't believe you have 2 kids in school....What the H#)(@#($( was I thinking?!?!?