Monday, July 7, 2008


Oh, how we love July. I would have to say that the 4th of July just might be my favorite holiday. I love all of the festivities. I love that Riverton is like a small town for the 4th (with a way bigger parade route) We pretty much stick to tradition for America’s Birthday. On the night of the 3rd at 6:30 we head to the Phisters to watch the parade. They are great. They let everybody feel like family. Cory always begins the softball tournament that evening and has to miss most of the parade. I think they just like walking down the street in their softball clothes like they are part of the parade to come back and meet all of their wives and kids. Then we headed to Wingers with CJ and Jennilyn for dinner. We always love hanging out with them. The next morning, the kids and I went to our ward parade and breakfast. It was so fun. Brock pulled Parker in our wagon while he threw candy at the crowd. They loved it. Cory had to miss this parade as well, for game two of the tournament. But we left breakfast to go watch. We got there just as our Striker boys were headed off the field from a loss in game three. The Softball tournament is always a fun tradition. So, thanks Mark for always putting that together. We ran some errands and then had Cory'S family over for dinner. Then off to the fireworks we went. I think this year was better than ever. The finale was awesome. Fireworks lit up the whole sky. (again, just like a small town) On Saturday afternoon we went with Bree and Justun wakeboard shopping. Cory and Justun are ready to go all Pro. After that, we cam back to our house and made some amazing shish kabobs. It was quite fun and very healthy. We ended the evening with some sparklers. Every year on the 4th, I believe that there is something great to said about fun and simple family traditions. Happy Birthday America!!

8 comments:

Jennilyn Proulx said...

I see you got me back for the watermelon photo....you can totally see down my shirt at the parade!

Blondie said...

Happy 4th of July, looks like you had a blast! It was great to see ya at Heid's reception.

Mel & Annette said...

A fun blog. I loved it.

Lara Phister said...

I love the 4th!!! Hopefully we can spend more time next year on the fourth, this year was busy with the Phister family reunion, and last year we had to go to Jackson Hole....so next year we will have to have a HUGE celebration!!! We love you guys!!!

Diana said...

Sounds like you guys were as busy as we were on the 4th. It is my favorite holiday too. You just feel like you need to do as many fun things as you can think of on the 4th of July.

Elizabeth said...

That's really nice of you to say that we are a good examples. That really made my day. Thanks. We're glad you guys could come. We all had a great time. We'll have to get together more often!!

tamster17 said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Love the pics you shared. There's nothing better than having gool 'ol fashioned fun together with friends & family -- and the 4th of July is one of the best times for that! :-)

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

I can't believe how big your boys are getting!!! They are growing up!