Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A fun week in June

Wow, What a crazy couple of weeks. Now I have been a crazy blogger today. Cory's sister Alyssa and our brother-in-law Randy were in town and we had a chance to spend lots of time with them. Last Sunday (the 22nd) Alayna and Jason blessed our new baby Ike. It was awesome. They did it in their back yard with just their family there. The spirit of the blessing was amazing. Monday was CJ birthday and we spent the evening in the park. We played mean game of wiffle ball. Happy birthday little brother. We love you!
On Thursday we went to Yuba boating for the day Its such a weird lake because it is either totally windy or totally calm. This time was totally windy. We wake boarded and skied just a little. But I did knee board for the first time in many years. Its just like riding a bike. I did a 360 and everything. But, despite the wind, we had a fun day on the beach. Then on Friday we took the kids to see Kungfu Panda. They thought it was hillarious. We had dinner with Cory's family and then did some grocery shopping for our new healthy life (I will blog about that later).
On Saturday, my good friend Heidi Mathie was married in the SL Temple. She was as beautiful as ever. Then while we went to the reception, Brock and Parker went to the Riverton Rodeo with Grandma and Grandpa and all of their aunts and uncles on Cory's side. They had a blast. Thanks for taking them everybody!
Then to wrap up the weekend Annette and Mel had us over for breakfast on Sunday morning. Annette even made me my very own special WHEAT pancakes (again for my healthy new life) We've been having a great summer and can't wait for more. Bring it on!!

4 comments:

The Smith Family said...

Somehow I missed some of your blogs...maybe Blogger is just screwed up. Anyway, cute stuff! I'm glad you guys had a good 4th and a fun June! And I'm proud of you for being healthy!

Jennilyn Proulx said...

So I've been thinking...If I eat suckers made from whole wheat, maybe I can get cute again...;)

Lara Phister said...

Good update Jeri! It sounds like you've done the past few weeks in a nutshell....Next yearat this time you'll look at your pictures and not beable to recognize your self. Stay Healthy!!! Happy July.

Mel & Annette said...

Loved every minute we shared. Let the good times roll!