Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Brock's First day of First Grade

Okay, I thought Kindergarten was hard. I was wrong, that was nothing compared to first grade. Brock wanted me to just pull up to the school and drop him off and leave. I told him that I wanted to stay and watch and of course take some pictures. Actually, all was fine and dandy until I got home. Last year when I would take the kids to school I would come home and think "okay, I have 2 Hours and 45 Minutes, what can I get done?" Not today, I came home and realized that Brock won't be home from school until 3:30. That is soooo long. He was so excited and definitely ready. He didn't sleep very well because he was so excited. He absolutely refused to put his lunch box in his backpack. Grandma Jen took him to buy it and I think he thinks everybody at school will notice how cool it is. Parker is home all week, all alone, without his big brother. As soon as we got home he asked if we could go to Lagoon today. When I told him that I had to get some work done today, he said "then, what friend should I invite over?" He doesn't start school until next week and this just might be the longest week of his life.
No matter how hard it is for me to watch him grow up so fast, we are so proud of Brock and we are truly are glad that he loves school and is so excited about starting this new chapter of his life. -I can't even imagine what kind of emotional basket case I will be next Tuesday when I have take my baby to kindergarten.

8 comments:

L.C.B said...

Oh how I remember the emotional days I had sending my kids to their first days of kindergarten and 1st grade. I now am sending them off to jr.high and highschool in a couple of weeks. I'm sure I will be mentally unstable for a while. I'll let you know how it goes.

Jennilyn Proulx said...

I feel like all the sadness of kids going to school is overrated and you should feel relived to get them out of the house!! Come 7 years from now, I'm sure you'll have to refer me to this comment while I'm bawling my eyes out!

The Edwards Family said...

If you need me on Tuesday, you know where to find me and I'm sure I'll be crying too!

tamster17 said...

It is very strange when they attend school all day & don't come home until 3:30 pm! And it's a big adjustment for them as well. Hope Brock loves 1st Grade! Kayla & Dallin will both be at school all day long in a couple of weeks! Ahhhhhhhh! Crazy! I won't know what to do with myself!

Jadie said...

Jeri,
This is so crazy! I can't believe summer is almost over. Jaden is going to be a Willow Canyon Wild Cat :( They are traditional and don't start until August 25th. You are so lucky that Brock loves school, Jaden is scared to death to start over new.
Jadie

Elizabeth said...

Are your kids in-year round school? I know it's hard in the beginning but by next year you'll be waiting to get them both in all day school so you can have 6 hours to yourself. I'm so jealous--I still have 3 more years until Gracie goes. That's cool about Alyssa having a baby!!!

Mel & Annette said...

Brock is the best! I love him with all my heart. I think of all of the first days of school I had with 5 kids and I wonder where the years have gone. It's crazy!

The Smith Family said...

I know I already commented to you in person about this post, but I like blogging :) He is so big...I was thinking about how he turned 4 just after we moved here. They grow up so fast. He's such a good kid. I'm so proud of him!