Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A trip to the CAVE!

Wow, Why didn't anybody tell me that the hike to Timpanogas Cave was STRAIGHT UP! When we first started talking about doing it, I thought "No big deal, what's a mile and half, I do that all the time". I don't consider myself a very wussy girl, but holy cow, my legs were burnin'! We had a great time and the cave was way cooler than I ever expected. I think its something that everybody should do at some time. Our kids thought it was fun too.

8 comments:

The Smith Family said...

Maybe we should start walking some hills :)

YOUNG at heart Family said...

Sorry, when I read your post about Alyssa being pregnant, I took it as both of you being pregnant:) But now that I read it again I see how you were saying it. That's what I get for not staying in touch. LOL

Elicia said...

I can't believe I have never done this. It does look fun, I bet my boys would like it too. I bet I would be dying on the hike though I am so out of shape right now!

Elizabeth said...

We use to hike it atleast twice a week when we were kids. My mom and dad thought it was great exercise. I remember those switch backs---they're a killer!!! I'll have to think about taking my kids some time!!!

Mel & Annette said...

Well the front of my calves are almost back to normal! See you tonight!

The Edwards Family said...

It's a good thing you guys are the "Shrinking Family" or it would have been POUNDS harder.

Diana said...

Were'nt you afraid that your kids were going to fall off the edge of the path? I think that is what will hold me back from taking my kids until I'm sure that they will stay away from the edge.

tamster17 said...

We've never been to the Timpanogos Caves -- it looks really cool! Sounds like quite a trek though -- amazing that your kiddos took it all in stride!