Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What Happens in Vegas.......


Happens in Vegas. Okay, so what do you do in Vegas for 8 days, with KIDS??? Let me just tell ya. You SWIM- ALOT! We went to Las Vegas last week with my entire family for 8 days. Chad and Kim were only there for 5 but we stayed for 8. We went for the 2008 Mine Expo. It is a HUGE trade show for mining. So, for 3-4 days of our trip we worked pretty hard. We had a booth that turned out awesome (thank you Cory). Our little business is doing great and its been so fun learn and grow as a company and as a family. Anyway, aside from the work, we had lots of fun. The kids swam alot, everyday but two. Grandma Jen was so nice to spend so much time with them at the pool. She spoils them rotten. "Sure kids you can have root beer floats and cookies for lunch, we're in Las Vegas!!" AND- the kids see Papa in a whole new light now, he learned to play Guitar Hero.
On one of their days off from swimming, Cory and Chad took them to Circus Circus all day. They came back with a garbage bag full of stuffed animals and toys. They are so lucky to have such fun dads. (who didn't bother to take a camera to help me blog about their day)
One night, we all went to "The Tournament of Kings" at the Excalibur. It was great. Our boys thought the sword fights were the coolest. I personally thought the girl who could do a double back flip with two twists on a bouncing balance beam was the coolest.
We found a really cool outlet mall. Its at the very south end of the Las Vegas Blvd. Cory and I did some serious shopping and had a blast. He was like shopping with one of my best girlfriends (except he made me turn around and show him my butt in everything I tried on). Its been a long time since we have just shopped together. I loved it. And we found some great deals.
We went to the M&M factory. Parker bought some blue and purple M&M's and Brock had Skittles. Poor kid, who goes to the M&M factory and has to eat Skittles?

One night we saw the Pirate show at Treasure Island. Its not so much rated PG anymore. I was embarrassed to have my kids there. I kept doing everything I could to distract them from the actual show but it was so crowed we couldn't even move to get out of there. It wasn't about good pirates and bad pirates anymore. Now, its about bad boy pirates against bad Girl Pirates who don't wear very much clothing and dance like they belong in a strip club. I would definitely not recommend this, especially for kids. (and I am not a prude)

We also went to Fremont street. I still think its pretty cool. Brock thought the light show was awesome. They did some cool rock-n-roll stuff, which is totally his thing right now

All and all we had a really fun trip. The day after we got home, Cory and the boys went on the Muzzle loader hunt for 3 more days. It was nice to be home and have some alone time. I've decided hunting season is the best reason to have just boys. I love them so much but I do have to admit that those 3 days home alone were fabulous. I am so thankful that they get to spend that time with their dad and my dad and their uncles with "no girls allowed". I know it is priceless for them. I'm glad they're home now. Brock and Parker went back on track and Cory went back to work. Maybe we can have some scheduling and order back in our lives now.

11 comments:

The Edwards Family said...

I should have warned you about the scandalous "Family Pirate Show" its not so much for families, but I bet Cory loved it. I almost didn't recognize the skinny people in the picture, you guys look great.

Howling Pickup said...

Hi Jer! It was so fun to read your blog. It has been too long since I have checked yours out. Being a mom of 3 is a little crazy. Looks like you are doing well and having fun. My sister was at the mining thing but she was by herself and didn't have as fun as you!

Mel & Annette said...

Glad you had such a good time (but you guys always do) Great memories!

The Smith Family said...

I'm so glad we didn't wait to watch the pirate show with my sisters...I'll have to tell my step-mom because my sister was freaking out that we didn't stay to see it. Cute pictures!

YOUNG at heart Family said...

You guys looked so good when I saw you at the gym I was thinking why do you need a membership. I was also wondering where the rest of Cory went? What is your new business? Let's do dinner sometime with the kids and you need to see our baby that is 14 months now. ;)

Lara Phister said...

We're glad you guys are back! Vegas sure is fun, but I'm not sure we could handle 8 days of it. The kids and I do good with just 1 day. You look amazing!

tamster17 said...

Glad you had a good time with your family! That would be interesting trying to find kid stuff in Vegas for that long. Sounds like you succeeded despite the pirate show. The last time I went to Vegas with a friend and we went to see the Masquerade in the Sky show at the Rio and it was like a strip tease dealy bop too and I remember thinking -- Seriously? There were husbands and wives and families standing around watching it and I was embarassed to even be there.

Christen Noelle said...

Jeri-Looks like you guys had so much fun! Love all the pics...your mom looks great!

Diana said...

We usually run out of things to do in Vegas in a couple of days, especially with kids. But it looks like you guys did a lot of fun stuff.

L.C.B said...

I am so totally jealous! (I was taught to always tell the truth)
Really, I'm glad you guys had so much fun.

nena said...

So you were in Vegas and you didn't even call?!! That's it, you are on our not nice list!